ABOUT THE ELECTIONS
"The service of the nation is the greatest service and India as a country is looking forward towards Educated Individuals, who have the potential to change the fate of the nation."
Above said and agreed and keeping EXCEPTIONS ASIDE,
- Are you aware that the Government of India has made provision for Educated persons like you and me to send an equally educated and qualified representative to the State Legislative Council, by means of voting through Graduate Constituency ?
- Are you aware about your RIGHT TO VOTE AS EDUCATED CITIZENS, AS UNIVERSITY GRADUATES ?
- As a University Graduate, do you have sufficient political information to cast meaningful votes ?
- Are you aware that being a Graduate citizen of Thane District you eligible to cast your vote of Konkan Graduate Constituency ?
- Are you aware that this educated representative of yours is meant to voice your views as Graduates in the State Legislative Assembly ?
WHAT IS A GRADUATES CONSTITUENCY?
The Graduates Constituency consists of a few districts. In elections to these constituencies, only a subset of the population is allowed to vote - residents of the constituency who hold a college degree from any recognised University in India, which they received at least three years ago. Voters must separately register as Graduate voters to be eligible to cast their votes Graduates constituency.
WHAT IS THE KONKAN GRADUATES CONSTITUENCY?
The Konkan Graduates constituency comprises of four districts viz, Thane, Raigad, Ratnagiri and Sindhudurg.